Monday, December 1, 2008

Finally things happen

After so many weeks of sitting at home rotting away things have started to pick up in my life again. I guess November has been one of those so called 'lazy' months that just seemed to pass away in a blur without you realising what you did. The only things i can remember were end of school, after party of the formal and the $2 battle at dk that happened yesterday.

The $2 battle for those of you who don't know is basically an event where dancers of all styles come and battle each other to win and thus get the prize money (no it's not only $2 =]). I think the reason why it's called the $2 battle is because audience members and battlers alike both have to pay a $2 entry fee and all the the $2 collected becomes the prize money. winners (it was double battles) get 70% of the total prize money and second place got 30% i think.

I had never seen a proper dance battle in real life before and when my friend Reese told me about it i decided to tag along. Reese had entered the $2 battle and by the time i got to the venue he was already waiting outside chatting with some girls who i presume were also dancers (although they did not compete). By the time the event was about to start everyone crammed into a dance room with an open space in the middle for the battles ahead. Unfortunately an army of nerves struck my friend when he was battling and with the judges vote 2:1 against him he was eliminated from the first round. I thought that he didn't look that bad considering there were worse entrants then him but the team he went up against was also good.

after the $2 battle event had finished, we headed out to the train station to make our way home. On our way out of the venue Reese met up with another girl who was heading in the same direction. As we began walking to the station after making a short stop at KFC i finally began to 'realise' how 'man-ly' Reese was: Not very =]. To say the least he was being 'dominated' by the girl he was walking with even though she was pretty minute. we went home shortly after that parting ways at the station entrance.

Just this morning my dad, and two brothers left for holidays overseas, leaving my mum and me at home alone. it kinda sucks that since i have University interviews i have to stay back in Australia (my last interview being on the 18th Dec). I'll be going on holidays on the 21st dec until 18th Jan though which i guess is a good enough holiday. ^__^"

No comments: